Connecting the Dots
MRPA Conference 2015
Workshop Request Form
April 14-16, 2015
Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums
Ocean City, Maryland
The MRPA Conference Committee requests that each proposed presenter complete a BRIEF Workshop Request Form for the 2015 Maryland Recreation and Parks Association Annual Conference. The Conference will be held April 14-16, 2015 in Ocean City, Maryland at the Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums.
If your workshop is selected for the annual conference, you will be notified within 30 business days and the presenter(s) will be required to submit additional information.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Workshops will be 60-90 minutes in length and, although interactive, will serve primarily to disseminate information.
- Clarity of intent, description, and design
- Clarity of presentation objectives
- Degree of participant involvement, such as hands-on learning and interactive discussions
- Practical usefulness to participants
- Innovation and creativity in content and process
- Appropriateness of presentation materials as they relate to the session content
- All presenters who are attending the entire conference must complete the conference registration process.
- Each presenter must present for at least 30 minutes in a session. 60-minute sessions may only have 2 presenters and 90-minute sessions may only have 3 presenters. If you have over this amount, your session will NOT be considered for CEU’s.
- Presenters are responsible for all travel-related expenses; unless otherwise specified.
- Presenters are contributing his/her services in a volunteer capacity.
- Presenters are responsible for duplicating and providing all presentation materials and handouts.
- The conference organizers will provide each session with flip chart paper, easels, markers, projectors, and screens. Presenters MUST bring any additional necessary equipment, including laptops.
- Presenters may be asked to combine their presentations with a similar accepted submission/presenter, resulting in a stronger and complementary presentation.
- All presenters must commit 10 minutes for participants and presenters to complete evaluation forms to be turned in at the end of each workshop.
- Lead presenters will be responsible for informing all co-presenters of the Conference Committee’s decision regarding their submission.
- To submit a request form, COMPLETE THE ENTIRE FORM (to include, resumes, presenter bios, and any compensation information) that follows and e-mail the required attachments to Jennene Blakely AND David Goodwin. Request forms will be accepted until Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- Only submitted forms that have emailed the required attachments will be considered.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered or reviewed.
- Those who submit completed forms and packets will be notified via email of the Conference Committee’s decisions by October 25, 2014. At this point, you will be required to submit additional details and information. Passing the first round of submissions does NOT guarantee that your workshop will be selected for the conference in April.
- If your workshop is selected for Additional information including detailed outlines, AV Requests and CEU Documentation will be accepted no later than November 28, 2014.
- Acceptance letters, CEU Forms and AV Request Forms will be sent by December 19, 2014
CEU forms due to PCB for review and approval NLT January 9, 2015.
Link to Conference Request Form