MRPA Conference 2017
Reigniting the Fire
Workshop Request Form
April 4 - 6. 2017
Princess Royal Hotel
Ocean City, Maryland
The MRPA Conference Committee requests that each proposed presenter complete a BRIEF Workshop Request Form for the 2017 Maryland Recreation and Parks Association Annual Conference. The Conference will be held April 5-6, 2017 in Ocean City, Maryland at the Princess Royal Hotel and Conference Center
If your workshop is selected for the annual conference, you will be notified and the presenter(s) will be required to submit additional information as needed.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Workshops will be 60-90 minutes in length and, although interactive, will serve primarily to disseminate information
- A limited number of 30-minute speed sessions will also be offered. These sessions are not eligible for CEU credit
- Clarity of intent, description, and design
- Clarity of presentation objectives
- Degree of participant involvement, such as hands-on learning and interactive discussions
- Practical usefulness to participants
- Innovation and creativity in content and process
- Appropriateness of presentation materials as they relate to the session content
- All presenters who are attending the entire conference must complete the conference registration process.
- Each presenter must present for at least 30 minutes in a session. 60-minute sessions may only have 2 presenters and 90-minute sessions may only have 3 presenters. If you have over this amount, your session will NOT be considered for CEU’s.
- Presenters are responsible for all travel-related expenses; unless otherwise specified.
- Presenters are contributing his/her services in a volunteer capacity.
- Presenters are responsible for duplicating and providing all presentation materials and handouts.
- The conference organizers will provide each session with A/V equipment as outlined in the A/V Form. Presenters MUST bring any additional necessary equipment, including laptops. .
- Presenters may be asked to combine their presentations with a similar accepted submission/presenter, resulting in a stronger and complementary presentation.
- All presenters must commit 10 minutes for participants and presenters to complete evaluation forms to be turned in at the end of each workshop.
- Lead presenters will be responsible for informing all co-presenters of the Conference Committee’s decision regarding their submission.
- Complete Workshop Request Form (with all required information and attachments) due by January 6, 2017.
- Only submitted forms that have emailed ALL the required attachments will be considered. You MUST include the conference A/V requirements form.
- Those who submit completed forms and packets will be notified via email of the Conference Committee’s decisions after review of content and presentation.
- Requests for additional information will be sent via email to applicants as needed.
- Additional Information (session outlines, CEU information, A/V requirements, Bio, Resumes, Headshots) are due by January 6, 2017 with your session request. This requirement dos not guarantee that the workshop will be selected for conference.
- Acceptance letters will be sent via email to selected applicants by February 15, 2017.
- CEU forms will be submitted by the Conference Education Committee to the Professional Certification Board in January 2017.
Link to Conference Request Form.
Link to Conference A/V Requirements Form.