The purpose of the Maryland Recreation and Parks Association, Inc. is to
unite recreation and park professionals and citizen advocates to
advance park, recreation and environmental conservation efforts through
networking, development and training, and advocacy to enhance the
quality of life for all Marylanders.
Goals and Objectives
Development and Training
- Goal #1: Educate recreation and park professionals,
lay persons and volunteers regarding future trends and current issues
reflective of the recreation and park movement to enable them to provide
the best service to the user and the best management of the resource.
- Goal #2: Provide a high quality level of
instruction to recreation and park professionals, lay persons and
volunteers at locations easily and strategically accessible to the
members of the profession throughout the state.
- Goal #3: Promote programs that insure new
professionals coming into the profession are trained and prepared to
meet the needs of the different agencies.
- Goal #1: Provide opportunities for park professionals,
lay persons and volunteers to share common interests, concerns and
ideas through organized activities.
- Goal #2: Create effective multiple communications
lines whereby all individuals, organizations and groups involved in the
business of recreation and parks have opportunities to share common
interests, concerns and ideas.
- Goal #1: Promote to the general public and the elected
representatives the multiple benefits and quality of life that
recreation and parks provides within the state of Maryland.
- Goal #2: Actively lobby federal, state and
elected officials for the recreation and parks movement and it's
resulting multiple benefits.
- Goal #3: Develop partnerships with organizations that support in whole or in part the mission of the association.
- Goal #1: Provide an efficient, trained, courteous, and responsive staff to meet the member's needs.
- Goal #2: Promote sponsorship and alternative
funding means to reduce costs to members to attend and participate in
- Goal #3: Promote and increase a membership that
is reflective of the users and providers of the programs, properties and
facilities provided by and managed by the recreation and parks